Monday, February 9, 2015

Getting ready to leave the MTC

There is so much to write and so little time to write it! I honestly don't know where to start! I guess I should mention that I am alive! and I'm doing well! Last Wednesday I entered the MTC!! How crazy i that?! It has been quite insane trying to settle in here! And I'll do my best to explain what I've been up to, but you'll just have to forgive me for the things I know I'll forget! Anyway, I guess one of the most important things is my companion!! Her name is Sister Day, we get along so well!! I'll add pictures, but pretty much she's the best! In my district there are 5 Elders and 4 Sisters; Elder Major, Elder Burandt, Elder Ricks, Elder Shiver, Elder Milliner, Sister Day, Sister Masangkay, Sister Lundholm, and myself!! But MAN do I have a story with those Elders...! I'll get to that though... So Sister Day and I are rooming with 4 Hermanas who are serving in Argentina! They are the sweetest! We're trying to learn some Spanish while we're with them... It's not going too well.. We always just end up saying 'lo siento' in response to everything they say...! Haha! Okay, so for that crazy story... One of our companion sets of Elders got into a "huge" fight, really about nothing... Anyway, it ended up with all of our Elders switching companions, (with approval, of course). It was really dumb and caused a lot of unnecessary tension in our district for a few days. But it's getting better now.. My advice on the matter to everyone though is, YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS GET ALONG WITH YOUR COMPANIONS!!!! I can promise that, but you have to learn how to work together anyway... One way a teacher explained it to us was, to read 1 Nephi 3:7 as, "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded for I know that the Lord giveth no COMPANION unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Guys, I TESTIFY that is true!! Missions are not easy, nor are they as glamorous as some may thing, but even in just this short week that I've been out here, I can tell you, they are SOO worth it!! I wish I could share all of the beautiful spiritual experiences I've had so far, but I cannot, because there are just too many, so I'm just going to share one. Last Friday, Sister Day and I taught our first investigator, Debi! At the conclusion of our lesson we both testified that the things we had taught her were true and all three of us were so overwhelmed with the Spirit that we began to cry. (My first time crying since being here, by the way!). Anyway, it was so incredible to watch Debi as she began to believe the words we were teaching. And we've taught her a few times since and every time the spirit is with us, truly testifying to her of the truthfulness! It's wonderful! Anyway, for something fun, last night Sister Day and I had a sleepover with Sister Lundholm and Sister Masangkay because they will be getting new roommates today.. It was so much fun! We laughted all night long!! Then we were able to go to the temple today and the four of us did initiatories! Those are my absolute favorite! If you haven't done them recently, go do them!! :) 
Well, I love you guys and hope you have an incredible week! I don't know when I'll be able to write next because we're off to California Tuesday morning!! Yay!! 

Love you all, 
Sister Bradley xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment